El Jacarandal, built around 1850, restored and expanded in 1972 in a neo-colonial style, is an enchanting town house which encloses patios and loggias but opens to staggering views of the surrounding green mountains. High walls covered by flowering vines enclose terraced English gardens. Four double bedrooms all have views of the tiled roofs of the colonial town and the domes of the 16th and 17th century churches below. There are 2 living rooms, a library, a tiled kitchen and a dining room. It has high beamed ceilings, 6 bedrooms, 5 1/2 bathrooms, 8 fireplaces, a hydraulic pump for level water pressure, an ultraviolet water purification system, 2 cisterns, 2 fountains, a servant’s bathroom and laundry room below the house and a small domed greenhouse. Eight Portuguese style chimneys adorn the many leveled-tiled roofs. It is 2 blocks from the daily food market and 5 blocks from the central park.